Ontario150 Cycling Education Initiative
Providing Ontario's youth with the skills and confidence they need to safely explore our province by bike.
Throughout 2017, the Share the Road Cycling Coalition is coordinating a cycling education pilot project. This project is taking place as part of Ontario150: Celebrate by Bike, a sesquicentennial partnership between Share the Road, the Waterfront Regeneration Trust, Ontario by Bike and the Greenbelt Foundation. Our education work in 2017 builds off ouf our 2016 efforts with Cycling Canada to update the CAN-BIKE program. We are focused on delivering the new CAN-BIKE Level 2 Course (Cycling Basics & Bike Rodeo).
- Provide cycling education training to 4,000 Ontarians
- Create additional employment opportunities for CAN-BIKE instructors
- Train new CAN-BIKE instructors to work in Ontario
- Evaluate the strengths, challenges and outcomes of the new program
- Develop new strategic partnerships for delivering CAN-BIKE
How You Can Participate:
Certified CAN-BIKE Instructors: Sign up for our instructor database and we will contact you whenever there are course opportunities in your area.
Municipalities, Bike Clubs & Non Profit Partners: Partner with us and help run & evaluate CAN-BIKE courses in your area.
For more information on the cycling education initiative, please contact email@example.com
To learn more about Ontario150:Celebrate by Bike visit www.ontariobybike.ca/150