Ontario Bike Summit
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for the 10th Annual Ontario Bike Summit!
April 17 & 18, 2018
InterContinental Toronto Centre (on Front St)
Book your discounted hotel group rate -- Click here to make your room reservation
OR call toll-free at 1-800-235-4670 and ask for 'Share the Road Cycling Coalition'
About the 10th Annual Ontario Bike Summit
We are particularly excited because the 2018 Ontario Bike Summit is also the 10th edition of the event. And we have a lot to celebrate! Early bird registration is now available online and we hope that you will join us. Our summit agenda will include:
- Bike tours of Toronto's cycling infrastructure;
- The always popular Bicycle Friendly Communities Seminar;
- Bicycle Friendly Community Awards and 10-Year Impact Awards;
- Keynote addresses from The Honorable Kathryn McGarry Minister of Transportation (invited) and The Honourable Daiene Vernile Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport (invited);
- Keynote address by Dale Bracewell, Manager of Transportation Planning with the City of Vancouver;
- Opportunities to discuss innovative infrastructure design at the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals (APBP) workshop;
- A new "Advocacy College" workshop;
- A panel discussion focused on rapid implementation of connected cycling networks;
- Breakout sessions looking at the importance of Master Plans, data collection best practices, bike equity, cycling tourism and learning from pilot projects;
- Launch of our 10 Year Impact Report;
- and more to come!
A full draft agenda will be released in February once all confirmed speakers have been notified. We received over 50 abstract submissions this year, so the agenda will be jam packed with inspiring best practices. We are expecting over 300 delegates to participate this year at our new venue in the heart of downtown Toronto.
The Ontario Bike Summit
The Ontario Bike Summit provides a forum for decision-makers to be inspired by best practices from around Ontario and beyond, to gain the practical skills necessary to act on that inspiration and to build new connections to learn from the growing network of people interested in making Ontario the best place in Canada to ride a bike. For a summary of past summits: