We're changing the conversation!
Share the Road is proud to work with our partners to change the cycling conversation in Ontario. Since our launch, we have championed legislative changes that increase the funding available for cycling projects and make Ontario's roads safer for all road users.
With your support, Share the Road's work has led to:
- The passing of Bill 31, which includes increased fines for "dooring" cyclists and the implementation of a 1m safe passing law
- The launch of #CycleON, the first update to Ontario's Cycling Strategy in 20 years
- Announcement by then Minister of Transportation Glen Murray at our 2013 Ontario Bike Summit of a $25 million fund for cycling infrastructure
- Passing of "Greg's Law", which targets motorists who drive suspended, unlicensed and therefore uninsured
- Designation of 28 Ontario communities as part of our Bicycle-Friendly Communities program. Ontario currently has 1 Gold, 6 Silver and 19 Bronze bicycle-friendly communites
- 440 Municipal Council and School Board Trustee candidates signing our Active Communities Pledge during the municipal elections in fall 2014, committing their support for walking and cycling.
We appreciate your continued support as we continue our work to build a more bicycle-friendly Ontario.