We're changing the conversation!
Share the Road is proud to work with our partners to change the cycling conversation in Ontario. Since our launch, we have championed legislative changes that increase the funding available for cycling projects and make Ontario's roads safer for all road users.
With your support, Share the Road's work has led to:
- Over $120 million in provincial funding for cycling infrastructure;
- Tabling of private members bills aimed at reducing "dooring" collisions and building more paved shoulders;
- Designation of 44 Ontario communities as part of our Bicycle-Friendly Communities program. Ontario currently has 3 Gold, 8 Silver and 33 Bronze bicycle-friendly communities;
- The passing of Bill 31, which includes increased fines for "dooring" cyclists and the implementation of a 1m safe passing law;
- The launch of #CycleON, the first update to Ontario's Cycling Strategy in 20 years;
- Passing of "Greg's Law", which targets motorists who drive suspended, unlicensed and therefore uninsured
We appreciate your continued support as we continue our work to build a more bicycle-friendly Ontario.