Ontario Bike Summit
The 10th Annual Ontario Bike Summit is SOLD OUT!
April 16, 17 & 18, 2018
InterContinental Toronto Centre (on Front St)
Our accommodation room block at the InterContinental Toronto Centre sold out. Additional accommodation at the same reduced rate was reserved at the nearby Strathcona Hotel, located at 60 York Street, however that has now sold out as well.
We do still recommend that you reach out to either of these properties in case any rooms do become available. Otherwise we suggest using your preferred hotel search engine for hotel availability.
InterContinental Toronto Centre - 416-597-1400
Strathcona Hotel - 416-363-3321
About the 10th Annual Ontario Bike Summit
We are particularly excited because the 2018 Ontario Bike Summit is also the 10th edition of the event. And we have a lot to celebrate! Registration is now available online and we hope that you will join us. Our summit agenda will include:
- Pre-Summit Cycling Education Delivery Design Workshop;
- Bike tours, brought to you by WSP Canada, of Toronto's cycling infrastructure;
- The always popular Bicycle Friendly Communities Seminar;
- Bicycle Friendly Community Awards and 10-Year Impact Awards;
- Keynote addresses from The Honorable Kathryn McGarry Minister of Transportation (invited) and The Honourable Daiene Vernile Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport (invited);
- Keynote address by Dale Bracewell, Manager of Transportation Planning with the City of Vancouver;
- Opportunities to discuss innovative infrastructure design at the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals (APBP) workshop;
- A new "Advocacy College" workshop;
- A panel discussion focused on rapid implementation of connected cycling networks;
- Breakout sessions looking at the importance of Master Plans, data collection best practices, bike equity, cycling tourism and learning from pilot projects;
- Launch of our 10 Year Impact Report;
- and more to come!
A full draft agenda is available at the above web link. We received over 50 abstract submissions this year, so the agenda is jam packed with inspiring best practices. We are expecting over 300 delegates to participate this year at our new venue in the heart of downtown Toronto.
The Ontario Bike Summit
The Ontario Bike Summit provides a forum for decision-makers to be inspired by best practices from around Ontario and beyond, to gain the practical skills necessary to act on that inspiration and to build new connections to learn from the growing network of people interested in making Ontario the best place in Canada to ride a bike. For a summary of past summits: