Ontario Bike Summit
Postponement of the 2020 Ontario Bike Summit
Health & safety are our top concerns. With the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak it has become clear that the responsible plan of action is to postpone the summit until later this year.
At this time, we are coordinating with the hotel to identify a way to host this event in the Fall of 2020. We are optimistic about this approach and grateful for the understanding and flexibility of our host hotel The Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto.
We ask for your patience as we work toward finalizing a plan of action for a Fall summit. This year we were thrilled to have the highest number of Early Bird registrants we have ever had in our 12 year history and we hope that you will all stick with us as we work to host this event we all love at a later date.
All registered delegates have received an email with additional details. More information to come as our plan develops for Fall 2020.
The 2020 Ontario Bike Summit is being held at the
COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT DOWNTOWN TORONTO
475 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 1X7
The theme of the 2020 Ontario Bike Summit is Making Connections. We are currently putting together a two-day summit program that will include:
- Opportunities to connect with 300+ delegates about cycling and road safety best practices;
- Engaging discussions about network planning, e-mobility, transportation equity, making multi-modal connections, cycling and the climate emergency, and more;
- Exploring Toronto by bike and hearing from local representatives about cycling in our provincial capital;
- Hearing from provincial decision makers about cycling priorities in Ontario;
- An update on Ontario Traffic Manual Book 18;
- Lunch and dinner on Monday, breakfast and lunch on Tuesday and snacks both days;
- The Ontario Bike Summit is going vegetarian in 2020! In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint, all of our menu options will be vegetarian or vegan;
- BIKEMINDS storytelling event on Sunday, April 5th;
- and more!
Call for Proposals
Our Call for Proposals for the 2020 Ontario Bike Summit has now closed. We were thrilled to receive 50 submissions and are currently reviewing them with our summit planning committee. All those who submitted proposals have received a confirmation email and will be contacted regarding the status of their proposal in February 2020. Thank you!
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
Are you passionate about cycling? Do you love getting involved with busy events in Toronto? Are you interested in volunteering with Share the Road Cycling Coalition? We are currently looking for volunteers for the 12th Annual 2020 Ontario Bike Summit. If interested, click here to complete our application form.
We have an accommodation room block at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto. The special group rate is $219 CAD single/double per night and it is available 3 days pre/post summit. Since our hotel agreement is being pushed into the fall, you will need to book a guest room reservation again for the new Summit dates once we have the revised web link. We hope to have this available soon. Attendee reservations must be received on or before the cut-off date (TBA), to take advantage of this group rate.
Important to note: Complimentary Wi-Fi is included in the guest room rate.
We urge you to use our summit hotel, as it helps us offset costs in order to keep our registration fees down. Please book early!
Reserve by calling at 1-800-847-5075, and provide the code (TBA) for the discounted group rate, OR book online by clicking on the web link (TBA) or copying and pasting it into your web browser: