Vision, Mission & Values
Share the Road envisions a future in which Ontario is the most bicycle friendly place in North America.
Share the Road is building a bicycle-friendly Ontario where everyone feels safe riding a bicycle through:
- Strengthen capacity, and;
- Awareness and Education.
Share the Road will work in partnership with other non-profit organizations, the business community and local, provincial and federal governments. Our work is based on these values:
- Improved safety and accessibility
- People of all ages, abilities and incomes deserve to have the opportunity to cycle safely for recreation and transportation. Safe and accessibble cycling requires both adequate infrastructure and skills training.
- Working collaboratively
- We recognize that cycling has many stakeholders and we take a positive and collaborative approach in order to achieve mutual goals.
- Strong, liveable and healthy communities
- Cycling contributes multiple benefits to communities, and should be included in short and long-term planning. There are economic, health, environmental and scoial benefits to making communities bicycle-friendly.