What About Links to Public Transportation?
- In Europe, they have developed the infrastructure to safely commute by bicycle to subway and train stations (Figure 4). As a result, 44% of people in the Netherlands ride their bike to get to the local public transportation station. In North America, about 1% of the population use bikes to access public transit. In Toronto it is 0.02%.(32)
Figure 4: What Form of Transportation do People Use to Access Rapid Transit (Subway, Train, etc) Stations?
Cycling Health & Safety
- Cycling Health and Safety
- What are the Dangers in Terms of Cycling Safety?
- Won't Mandatory Helmet Laws for Cyclists Fix the Problem?
- Can Cycling Improve Health?
- How Dependant on Cars Are We?
- What Can We Learn From Other Regions?
- What is the Economic Cost of Inactivity?
- What About Links to Public Transportation?
- What are the Benefits to Government When They Invest in Cycling?
- What Policies Make a Difference?